Throughout the centuries artists have been deeply committed to creating work that has the potential to change the way we perceive the world. Socially engaging art can ignite, outrage, advocate, and demand change. We need to address pressing social issues with our uniqueness and creativity.
In going through the process of releasing our frustration, anger, hurt, and pain over the injustice, creating art can be a real healing mechanism.
We have the ability to allow our art to reach out to a global audience to speak the message that #BlackLivesMatter, #Loveistheanswer, #ArtForChange, #CreatedEqualandUnique.
We as a people can create innovative art that educates, inspires, causes reflection, promotes cooperation, and builds community.
If you have never used your art in this manner consider the following suggestions;
- Films and documentaries
- Writing, blogs, books to educate and expose
- Spoken word – powerful use your words to impact
- Visual art that ignites thoughts and evokes feelings to higher consciousness
- Cartoons – for children and adults
- Fashion – saturate this industry to acknowledge our contribution
- Social Media content
- Street art
Remember that art is subjective- this means that not all art is for everyone but everyone can create art. What does your Black activism art look like?