Joy Spiritual Meditation
Joy Spiritual Meditation- JSM
(21 Days to learn how to practice Spiritual Meditation for more Joy)
What is Joy Spiritual Meditation? JSM is another living experiment to test the truth in the word of God about meditation and Joy. We will dispel the fear and lies perpetuated by most eastern and new age practices using meditation as a form of enlightenment that has kept believers from experiencing the true joy that comes from the daily practice of this Godly exercise. We will add a new practice each day for twenty-one days so we can take time to learn about each new aspect. Each day we will explore five different categories relating to our added practice.
- Information – This will be general details about a technique in meditation. We will add a new topic each day and build until we have reached all the components that make up true spiritual meditation.
- Scripture Meditation/ Memorization-we will use scriptures to meditate and memorize to reinforce each topic. Many of these will be scriptures in the word that speak about meditation.
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Exercise – These will be the actual techniques and how to do them. as we continue the practice for the 21 days and prayerfully as you make this a journey for life.
- Action – These will be additional exercises to reinforce and understand the benefits of each technique
- Personal Reflections – This will be your own personal reflections in regards to what you felt or experienced- They can be done verbally to yourself but when written down there is an added benefit. A Journal would help them to be accessible along the journey.
- Soaking Links – This will be a YouTube link to a soaking song that will aid you in your spiritual relaxation. Music is healing and speaks deep.
There will also be 21 Video links of personal daily experience with each topic.
Meditate is a verb and an action word. It means to think deeply and carefully or focus one’s mind for a period of time, in silence or with the aid of chanting or praying for religious or spiritual purposes or as a method of relaxation. It is synonymous with words like plan mentally, consider, ponder, contemplation and inner reflection
As you expand your meditation practice, in concert with your faith, you will find that these divine moments come more often, until you are finally awakened to your own deepest self, one with Christ. James Finley
Deep spiritual meditation has real proven spiritual, emotional, physical and mental benefits. In Christian teachings, meditation is believed to involve the inherent action of the Holy Spirit to help the meditating believer understand the deeper meanings of the Word of God in their lives.
In most meditation practices they ask you to empty your mind of all thoughts, with truth meditation we are not looking to reach a state of emptiness but instead filling our minds with the truth of God. In this Joy Spiritual Meditation (JSM) we will seek to reach a higher level of the infilling of the Pure Spirit and the Joy of God.
We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship. CS Lewis
In the Old Testament, there are two Hebrew words for meditation: hāgâ (Hebrew: הגה), which means to sigh or murmur, but also to meditate, and sîḥâ (Hebrew: שיחה), which means to muse, or rehearse in one’s mind. When the Hebrew Bible was translated into Greek, hāgâ became the Greek melete which emphasized meditation’s movement in the depth of the human heart. Melete was a reminder that one should never let meditation be a formality. The Latin Bible then translated hāgâ/melete into meditatio
It is not hasty reading, but serious meditating upon holy and heavenly truths that makes them prove sweet and profitable to the soul. It is not the bee’s touching on the flowers that gathers the honey, but her abiding for a time upon them and drawing out the sweet. It is not he that reads most, but he that meditates most on divine truth, that will prove the choicest, wisest, strongest Christian. Joseph Hall
The Bible mentions meditate or meditation about twenty times, fifteen times in the Book of Psalms alone. When the Bible mentions meditation, it often mentions obedience in the next breath.
Contemplative prayer immerses us into the silence of God and helps us let go of control of our own life that leans on the props of this world for fulfillment. It is communion with God that increases our awareness of His presence. James Goll
No matter how busy Jesus was, He found time to get alone and pray Mark 1:35. A daily “Quiet Time” is a great stress decompression chamber. Meditation or contemplative prayer is time to cultivate true intimacy with God.
Listen to yourself and in that quietude, you might hear the voice of God Maya Angelou
- Lectures 25
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 21 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Joy Spiritual Meditation Daily Lessons
Daily Lessons -Inspiration, Information, Memorization, Meditation Exercise, Action, Personal Reflection, Soaking and Video Journal Links
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day One
- Joy Spiritual Meditiation Day Two
- Joy Spiritual Meditiation Day Three
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Four
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Five
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Six
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Seven
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Eight
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Nine
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Ten
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Eleven
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Twelve
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Thirteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Fourteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Fifteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Sixteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Seventeen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Eighteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Nineteen
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Twenty
- Joy Spiritual Meditation Day Twenty One
- The Science behind Meditation
- 5 Lies that keep Believers from Practicing Deep Spiritual Meditation
- JSM -Scriptures on Meditation
- Meditative Journaling Tips